Ticket #1281: condor_q -dag doesn't understand nested DAGs

"condor_q -dag" doesn't handle nested DAGs. DAGMan has explicit support for nested dags, so it's a shame that condor_q can't cope.

Observed output:

-- Submitter: hpc114.tech.purdue.edu : <128.210.135.144:44418> : hpc114.tech.purdue.edu
 ID      OWNER/NODENAME   SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST PRI SIZE CMD
 149.0   adesmet         3/16 21:20   0+00:01:53 R  0   7.3  condor_dagman -f -
 158.0    |-G00002       3/16 21:21   0+00:00:34 R  0   7.3  condor_dagman -f -
 161.0    |-Archive      3/16 21:21   0+00:00:01 R  0   0.0  archive_wrapper.sh

Expected output:

-- Submitter: hpc114.tech.purdue.edu : <128.210.135.144:44418> : hpc114.tech.purdue.edu
 ID      OWNER/NODENAME   SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST PRI SIZE CMD
 149.0   adesmet         3/16 21:20   0+00:01:53 R  0   7.3  condor_dagman -f -
 158.0    |-G00002       3/16 21:21   0+00:00:34 R  0   7.3  condor_dagman -f -
 161.0      |-Archive    3/16 21:21   0+00:00:01 R  0   0.0  archive_wrapper.sh
[Append remarks]

Remarks:


2010-Oct-20 16:03:30 by jfrey:
Bulk change of target version from v070504 to v070505 using ./ticket-target-mover.
2011-Jan-27 14:46:04 by danb:
Bulk change of target version from v070505 to v070506 using ./ticket-target-mover.
2011-Feb-01 16:01:00 by tannenba:
Bulk change of target version from v070506 to NULL using ./ticket-target-mover.


2011-Sep-01 09:35:52 by wenger:
Bumped up the priority as per request from Duncan Brown at LIGO.


2011-Dec-13 23:08:18 by nwp:
I have a working version of condor_q -dag that groups things properly. Is there anyone who wants to test it out? I have a nested DAG; the output is as follows:
-- Submitter: nwp@llunet.cs.wisc.edu : <128.105.175.76:35373> : llunet.cs.wisc.edu
 ID      OWNER/NODENAME   SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST PRI SIZE CMD
 194.0   nwp            12/13 22:44   0+00:00:38 R  0   2.0  condor_dagman -f -
 195.0    |-1           12/13 22:44   0+00:00:14 R  0   0.0  1281.sh 195
 196.0    |-2           12/13 22:44   0+00:00:14 R  0   0.0  1281.sh 196
 197.0    |-0           12/13 22:44   0+00:00:18 R  0   2.0  condor_dagman -f -
 201.0     |-1          12/13 22:45   0+00:00:00 I  0   0.0  1281.sh 201
 202.0     |-2          12/13 22:45   0+00:00:00 I  0   0.0  1281.sh 202
 203.0     |-3          12/13 22:45   0+00:00:00 I  0   0.0  1281.sh 203
 204.0     |-4          12/13 22:45   0+00:00:00 I  0   0.0  1281.sh 204
 205.0     |-5          12/13 22:45   0+00:00:00 I  0   0.0  1281.sh 205
 198.0    |-3           12/13 22:44   0+00:00:14 R  0   0.0  1281.sh 198
 199.0    |-4           12/13 22:44   0+00:00:14 R  0   0.0  1281.sh 199
 200.0    |-5           12/13 22:44   0+00:00:14 R  0   0.0  1281.sh 200
This is the correct output for my case.


2011-Dec-14 10:05:42 by nwp:
Tests failed in my build&test run last night. I think I found the problem. Unfortunately, it seems that the tests do not run in my personal condor, so I have to submit a build&test run to verify that my fix actually works.


2011-Dec-14 12:03:28 by wenger:
Yeah, that output looks good to me.


2011-Dec-15 09:53:23 by nwp:
I ran the tests again. Due to batlab flakiness, there were sporadic failures, but nothing consistent that shows a regression. I am going to push this into master; I still need to write a regression test to make sure this keeps working. If LIGO would like the correct condor_q -dag behavior immediately, we can ship out a binary.


2011-Dec-16 23:07:53 by nwp:
Tests on batlab pass; regression test done. So I am resolving this.
[Append remarks]

Properties:

Type: enhance           Last Change: 2011-Dec-16 23:07
Status: resolved          Created: 2010-Mar-16 20:26
Fixed Version: v070705           Broken Version: v070400 
Priority:          Subsystem: Dag 
Assigned To: nwp           Derived From:  
Creator: adesmet  Rust:  
Customer Group: ligo  Visibility: public 
Notify: wenger@cs.wisc.edu,dabrown@physics.syr.edu  Due Date:  

Related Check-ins:

2012-Jan-10 11:52   Check-in [29043]: Reorder version history items to group DAGMan ones together; move a bug fix item mistakenly placed with the new features; edit version history items and correct spelling; update the condor_q man page to represent the new feature. ===GT=== #1281 ===GT=== #2463 (By Karen Miller )
2011-Dec-19 20:54   Check-in [28860]: Try to take care of spacing properly when formatting a DAG Also, I believe this solves #2463 ===GT=== #1281 (By Nathan W. Panike )
2011-Dec-17 14:02   Check-in [28836]: Fix paths in last commit Also fix a typo ===GT=== #1281 (By Nathan W. Panike )
2011-Dec-17 13:46   Check-in [28835]: Make the output filenames longer to guard against collisions ===GT=== #1281 (By Nathan W. Panike )
2011-Dec-16 16:12   Check-in [28834]: Write regression tests for condor_q -dag ===GT=== #1281 (By Nathan W. Panike )
2011-Dec-15 09:54   Check-in [28796]: Fix output of -dag option to condor_q ===GT=== #1281 ===VersionHistory=== (By Nathan W. Panike )