The stable series can receive new features on an exception basis. Exceptions are rare.
Any potentially destabilizing changes to the stable series must be raised to a group of project maintainers - currently Todd Tannenbaum (CHTC) and Matthew Farrellee (Red Hat) - who will agree on a course of action. No action should be taken until it is approved by the maintainers.
Who can raise an exception to the maintainers?
- Anyone who is potentially making a destabilizing change (proactive)
- Anyone who sees a destabilizing change (reactive)
What is destabilizing?
- Anything that will show up in the "New Features" or "Configuration Variable and ClassAd Attribute Additions and Changes" sections of the Version History
- "New Features" are typically tickets marked as Enhancement
- "Configuration variable and ClassAd attribute additions and changes" are changes to param() calls, the param table, or condor_attributes.h
- Anything that breaks the test suite
- The above list is incomplete, use good judgment
How can you raise an exception?
- Drop an email To: email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com