To create a default user profile, you must be logged on as Administrator or be a member of the Administrators group. Create a new user profile for all new user accounts on a computer to be based on. To create subsequent profiles, you can use the new user account as a template. Here is how to use the new user profile as a template account to use as a new user's profile:
- Log on to the computer as the new user, and customize the desktop if appropriate.
- Optionally, install and configure any applications to be shared by user accounts made from this template.
- Log off, and then log on as the Administrator.
- In the Control Panel}, open the System Control Panel applet.
*: On Vista click on the Advanced system settings Task listed in the left pane.
- On the Advanced tab, under User Profiles, click Settings.
- Under Profiles stored on this computer, select the user you created to be the template, and then click Copy To}.
- To create the default user profile for the computer, type the path to the default user:
*: On Windows 2000: %WinDir%\Profiles\Default; *: On Windows XP: %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Defualt; *: On Vista: %SystemDrive%\Users\Default.
- In the Copy To dialog box, under Permitted to use, click Change.
- In the Select User or Group dialog box, in the Enter the object name to select text box, type: Everyone and click OK.
- Click OK to dismiss the Copy To dialog box.
- Click OK again to dismiss the User Profiles dialog box.
- Finally, click OK one last time to dismiss the System Properties dialog.
If HTCondor has already created some dynamic accounts, you will need to remove them so that HTCondor can re-create them with the new template account.